Wednesday, January 12, 2011

2011

By the way things have started out this year I am starting to wonder if the 2012 prediction is true... 2011 started out with a bombing during a New Year's Mass in Alexandria which killed 23 people and wounding 100. And then the Arizona shooting which I am sure most of you have heard about. I got an email yesterday that a full time student in College Park was shot and killed at 11:23 in the morning.This morning while reading about the shooting in College Park the headline of the newspaper was "11 homicides in 11 days" and that is just in PG County. And now back to Egypt, a Police Officer gets on a train and shoots 6 people after checking to see if they have the cross tattooed on their wrist. Oh and last week a politician in Pakistan was killed for wanting the blasphemy law repealed, and what is tragic about this is the man who gunned him down was praised because apparently people really really really like the blasphemy law.

Its only January 12th and it feels like the world has gone insane. Has it always been this violent?

I am particularly worried about Egypt. It is already a mess. Now lets add on top of a broken economy and a corrupt government sectarian violence. I don't want to see riots break out in Egypt like they have in Tunisia. People are blaming different parties for the violence that has occurred in Egypt- the government, foreigners trying to overthrow or destabilize Egypt, Muslims, Christians...etc. I think everyone was blamed at one point or another and honestly I don't know what or who is to blame except for the actual person who has committed these crimes. I can't even begin to comprehend the mind set of some of these people and I don't understand how human life has became so cheap to some.

I just hope the year doesn't continue this way :(

1 comment: